The Assistant Catering Manager is responsible for assisting with the overall operation of the Catering Department. This involves assisting with outside events, administrative paperwork (BEO’s), and working closely with clients to ensure their events are successful and flawless. The Assistant Catering Manager will maintain a good employee and vendor relation. They will also support the Catering Manger by completing task as directed.
- Responsible for the preparation of arrangements with clients for functions that are booked in person, via the telephone, or through correspondence.
- Obtaining all pertinent information concerning the event, more specifically the size of the party, menu, and schedule of events.
- Works directly with the Catering Manger and sometime directly with the client in setting up and following through on all details of the event.
- Responsible for the drawing-up and securing of contracts.
- Responsible for working with the Catering Manager to generate new business and maintaining contact with current accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring that each event is meticulously detailed prior to a function to verify that the set-up, menu, and schedule of events are correct.
- Responsible for soliciting, negotiating and booking new/repeat business by outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking.
- Required to achieve revenue sales goals.
- Required to maintain existing accounts as well as solicit new business.
- Serve-Safe certificate.
- Experience in a similar work environment.
- General knowledge of banquet and conference procedures and the hospitality industry.
- Leadership skills.
- Multi-tasks efficiently.
- Prioritizes and works efficiently with limited supervision.
- Professional attitude and expectations.
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Works with the public in a calm, courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment that is often demanding.
This job operates in a professional office environment and sometimes in catering facilities. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. When at events the job operates in a restaurant environment where the employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time position, typically working 40 hours a week. Frequent evening and weekend shifts are required.
- Work with fluctuating schedule based on departmental requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented with a strong emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge of including but not limited to MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English.
Sapphire Culinary Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sapphire Culinary Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sapphire Culinary Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sapphire Culinary Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.