The Catering Manager is responsible for assisting with the overall operation of the catering department. This involves assisting with the event(s), working closely with clients to ensure their events are successful and flawless. The Catering Manager will maintain a good employee and vendor relation.
- Responsible for the preparation of arrangements with clients for functions that are booked by the Sales
- Adhere to internal event production paperwork deadlines to include production meetings and tastings
- Work closely with Culinary department in the development of creative presentations, tastings, and proposals
- Obtain all pertinent information concerning events, more specifically the size of the party, menu, and schedule of events
- Creating, securing, and executing BEOs
- Ordering supplies and placing Rental Orders
- Managing offsite events and executing all details by monitoring the quality of the product and services provided
- Responsible for ensuring that each event is meticulously detailed prior to a function to verify that the setup, menu, and schedule of events are correct
- Assistance with staff recruitment, training, supervising, and motivating staff
- Responsible for working with the Sales Ambassador to solicit, negotiate, and book new business by outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, and networking events. Also responsible for all current accounts
- Attend monthly sales meetings
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to develop both short- and long-range plans that support the brand and product for clients and venues
- Partner with Accounting/Billing to ensure compilation of accurate final billing and the collection of accounts receivable
- Keep to budgets and maintain financial and administrative records
- Forecasting and overseeing department’s revenue breakdown
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded, and archived
- General knowledge of banquet and conference procedures and the hospitality industry
- Leadership skills
- Multi-tasks efficiently
- Prioritizes and works efficiently with limited supervision
- Professional attitude and expectations
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Works well in a team environment
- Works with the public in a calm, courteous, friendly and professional manner
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment that is often demanding
- Valid Food Handlers Card or Serv Safe Certification required
- Work with fluctuating schedule based on departmental requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented with a strong emphasis on accuracy
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge of including but not limited to MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, and Outlook
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English
Preferred Education and Experience
- Must have 3 years of relevant Food & Beverage experience
- Minimum 2 years in a Management role
- Bachelors of Arts, minimum High school diploma/GED from accredited school
This job operates in a professional office environment and sometimes in catering facilities. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. When at events the job operates in a restaurant environment where the employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-Time position, frequent evening and weekend shifts may be required. Days and hours of work vary based on business needs and will routinely include weekends and holidays.
Depending on Experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP / EEO Statement
Sapphire Culinary Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sapphire Culinary Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sapphire Culinary Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sapphire Culinary Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.