The Catering Driver’s purpose is to safely deliver supplies and products for Sapphire Culinary Group to desired locations. The Catering Driver’s assists with catering set up’s and breakdown’s as needed under the direction of the Commissary Management Team.
- Collect, load and unload food, paper supplies with and without assistance.
- Drive truck/van to deliver food and paper supplies to schools and to other locations throughout Orange County.
- Inspect truck/van prior to operating for proper amounts of fuel and verify proper working order of vehicle per maintenance guidelines and report any issues.
- Adhere to Federal statutes and regulations, state and local health agency requirements, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school lunch programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Customer/Guest Focus
- Time Management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must possess a current Food Handler’s Card/Safe Serve Certificate
- Hold and maintain a valid CA State driver’s license with no major violations.
- Have 1 year experience driving a truck or van.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and written.
- Model professional behavior including punctuality and being a team player.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident status.
- Subject to background check, complying with all state and federal laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The associate should be able to stand long hours. The associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop or kneel, and stretch to fulfill proper cleaning tasks. The Truck / Van Driver frequently lifts and/or move objects up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This may be a part-time position with the possibility of full-time. AM and/or PM Shifts. Days and hours of work vary based on business needs and will routinely include weekends and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
Ability to read write and speak English. Also comprehend labels on chemicals.
Sapphire Culinary Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sapphire Culinary Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sapphire Culinary Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sapphire Culinary Group’s associates to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.